Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lost Socks??

You ever wash clothes and when you are folding them you come up with a odd number of socks?? Ha! Well, we do around our house so I found this idea on another blog and I just had to make one for our laundry room. I have listed the materials and steps below you will need to make it, except for the letters to say "Lost Socks"....I haven't gotten to this step yet, I have to cut my letters out, but when I do I will just use mod podge to put them on!! I will post a picture once I do that.!


Materials:
-Wood board (I found mine in the craft section at wal-mart, I think around 2-3 dollars)
-Paint ( I used acrylic)
-Paint brush -I used a foam brush
-clothes pins - as many as your board will hold, I used 8
-Cardstock or scarpbook paper
-mod podge
-glue gun
-ribbon
-stapler

Steps:
1. First you will paint the board the color of your choice
2. While you are waiting on your board to dry and to see if you need a second coat, get out your clothes pins and cardstock paper
3. Measure the length and width of the clothes pins and start cutting out our strips of card stock.
4. Put a layer of mod podge onto the top of one of the clothes pin
5. The place a strip of your cardstock on top of the mod podge
6. Then put another layer on top of the cardstock, sit aside to dry
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all of your clothes pins
8. Once your board and clothes pins are dry, use a small dab of hot glue on the back of the clothes pin and place on the board where you want it. (I like things even and symmetrical so I place my two middle ones first and then worked outwards)
9. Now cut a strip of ribbon according to the size of your board, mine that I used was about a 18inches.
10. Staple the ribbon to the back of the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment